The Steve Schuffert bio is extensive. Highlights below…
Steve recently contributed guitar on country music star Josh Kelly’s latest cd ” New Lane Road ” that debuted at #2 on the charts. Steve’s playing can be heard on the song “One Foot In The Grave” featuring swampy, tremolo driven guitar lines. http://www.joshkelly.com
- Steve’s original songs have been recorded by legends George Jones, Kenny Rogers, T. Graham Brown, Mark Collie, and award winning bluesman Tommy Castro.
- Steve has been a member of four major label recording acts in his career:
1981-1985: Steve performed with Left End (Polydor Records) who had two regional number one records.
1985-1987: Steve was a member of The Godz (Mongolian Records) The Band also featured members of platinum recording artist Cyndi Lauper and The Outlaws. The Godz were a support act for Metallica’s first headline tour playing arenas across the USA.
1988-1991 Steve spent 4 years with Glen Burtnik (A&M Records) who had a top 40 hit (Follow You), and was support act for The Hooters playing arenas across the USA. Glen became even more well known when he joined the band Styx.
1995-2012 Steve signed with Fortune Records in Europe and proceeded to release nine cd’s and played 17 extensive tours across the continent with his band (The Steve Schuffert Band) gaining a large cult following and playing many of Europe’s most prestigious venues and cities including the world famous Montreux Jazz Festival.
- In 1993, Steve moved to Nashville after signing a songwriting publishing deal with award winning artist T. Graham Brown (Capitol Records) who had twelve Top 10 hits including three Number One hits. Steve served as Brown’s guitarist for many years on road dates across the USA and performed many times at the Grand Ole Opry, the legendary Ryman Auditorium and all of the major network television shows out of Nashville. He also was T’s chief studio engineer and producer playing on hundreds of recordings.
- Steve currently continues to be a featured guitarist on B.E Taylor’s ( MCA & Epic Records ) hugely successful Christmas Tour selling out halls in Penn.,Ohio and W.Va every year.
- Steve’s highly acclaimed guitar work has been featured on CD’s by artist’ B.E. Taylor, T. Graham Brown, The Godz, legendary songwriter Alex Harvey (Delta Dawn) & an alternative, new age project by artist John Crispino aka Mister C, that also features Tim Bogert of Vanilla Fudge & Trey Gunn of King Crimson fame.
- Steve’s own band (The Steve Schuffert Band) has been together for many years, releasing eight very well received CD’s. The Band completed their 17th European tour in 2012.
- The Tennessean newspaper called out Steve as the Most Valuable Player (MVP) for his guitar performances with multiple artists in a review written for a Tin Pan South Songwriter Festival All Star Event that featured many of Nashville’s top players.
- Steve’s career accomplishments have allowed him to achieve Artist endorsements with the following musical equipment manufacturers: Elixir Strings (www.elixirstrings.com), George L Cables (http://georgelsstore.com) Fender Guitars, Gibson Guitars, Martin Guitars, Mesa Boogie, Voodoo Lab, Tech 21. Custom Guitar Gear uses Steve’s guitar tracks to demonstrate the Jekeko Wah Pedal. Listen here.
- Steve has performed or jammed on stage as the guitarist with the following artists: Stevie Wonder, Jon Bon Jovi, Bruce Hornsby, Patty Smyth, Southside Johnny, Donnie Iris, Paul Karack, David Keith, Alex Harvey, Gary Nicholson, Jimmy Hall, Reese Wynans, Jonell Moser