What guitar player hasn’t wanted an original Les Paul 1959? It’s the Holy Grail of electric guitars. An original Les Paul 1959 Sunburst can cost upwards of $150,000. Therefore, I had to go with the Les Paul 1959 reissue 😉 Oh, is it sweet….
Guy at Guitar Center was so great to work with. Check out the big day….
I updated the guitar with Callaham hardware and Lindy Fralin PAFS.
The Les Paul 1959 Reissue is featured often on my upcoming new CD called “Resonate.”
This is one fantastic guitar!!
Les Paul 1959 Sunburst Info
- Holy Grail of collectible guitars.
- In 1959, only 635 guitars shipped out of 1600 made.
- In 1959, the price was in the $250-$300 range.
- The value of an original Les Paul Sunburst 1959 can be upward of $150,000.
- Each guitar has a unique maple top wood finish like a ‘fingerprint’.
- Who’s played this guitar? Paul McCartney, Keith Richards, Joe Walsh, Mick Taylor, Jimmy Page, Eddie Van Halen, Duane Allman, Jeff Beck, Billy Gibbons, Rick Nielson, Eric Clapton, Joe Perry, Slash….and so on.
This video gives some background on the Les Paul Sunburst 1959 and speculation on how much the value has increased over the years 🙂
Les Paul Trivia
- He loved to experiment and invent new solutions since he was a child.
- When he was 9 yrs old he created a crystal radio and began playing guitar.
- He invented the solid body electric guitar.
- He created the 8-track tape recorder, overdubbing and tape echo.
- He worked on improvements for hearing aids until the age of 94, when he died.
- The Les Paul Foundation is dedicated to sharing the legacy of Les Paul in education, engineering, innovation and medical research.
This video is a performance by the man himself, Les Paul at the age of 90, sounding as sweet as ever.